Today was Fast and Testimony meeting at church. Which I normally hate since it's always filled with teenagers weeping about their problems and talking about how EFY changed their life, and long, drawn out stories no one really gets or cares about, and parents whispering in their kid's ears.
Neal and I talked about that a few months ago, actually. How we don't want to let our kids go up and say "I like to bear my testimony, and I know the church is true. I love my mom and dad and ...." well, I'll spare you. You know how it goes.
But something quite amazing happened today. The 7 year old girl (I'm guessing on the age) of a newly baptized family walked herself up to the stand and said, "I'm going to a new school soon. I'm really nervous. But then I remembered the Lord. I'm still nervous. But He will help me. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." and she sat down.
I don't suppose I can really explain how it made me feel. But I do believe hers was the most honest and sincere testimony heard today.
I just wanted to share that. And apologize for not posting in months. Google Analytics says my blog activity is down 28%. But I'm sure you've all seen my kid grow up on Facebook if you were caring to look. :)
5 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment