Tuesday, September 23, 2008

stupid economy

Why does a can of tuna now only contain 5 oz and cost $0.20 more?

I'm sure things could be worse . . . but I went grocery shopping today and I'm mad. It's hard enough to keep the family fed (more because I hate cooking, and less because of money) but now I've lost my fall-back creamed tuna on toast meal because I just can't bring myself to pay more for less. It's only the brand of tuna that I eat that seems to have downsized, but you can't just buy a different brand. Ick.

So argh. This is just adding to my pile of economic woes, and wondering why Neal and I have to suffer because we're honest hard working people who took a huge loss on our house rather than declaring bankruptcy or letting the bank foreclose on it. Why should the rest of America get bailed out because they took out loans they had no way of repaying while I will probably be living in this basement for the rest of time?

No comments: