Last night Neal and I left the little squirt at his sister's house and went on our first post-baby date. I will say, we could have found something more . . . interesting to do. It was his boss' retirement party at The Point restaurant. The food was so-so (except for the stuffed mushrooms, which were amazing) and they had lined up probably 15 people to speak. We left after maybe 7 people spoke for 1 1/2 hours . . . it's hard to say.
But this is the point. Poor Gaius refused to nap yesterday, and we dropped off a well-fed, but exhausted little boy at my poor sister-in-law's house for the evening. We were gone for 4 hours, and I'm told he went through 2 bottles and 4 dirty diapers. I'm pretty sure he cried the entire time we were gone. And I just feel terrible about the whole thing.
The good news is that he slept in until 9:00 am this morning when I finally decided he needed to wake up and eat. He seems to have forgotten all about his bad day, and I don't know that I'll ever be able to leave him again.
But this is the point. Poor Gaius refused to nap yesterday, and we dropped off a well-fed, but exhausted little boy at my poor sister-in-law's house for the evening. We were gone for 4 hours, and I'm told he went through 2 bottles and 4 dirty diapers. I'm pretty sure he cried the entire time we were gone. And I just feel terrible about the whole thing.
The good news is that he slept in until 9:00 am this morning when I finally decided he needed to wake up and eat. He seems to have forgotten all about his bad day, and I don't know that I'll ever be able to leave him again.
No comments:
Post a Comment