Friday, December 26, 2008

bedtime . . . sigh

What has happened to bedtime? For months it was so easy: 7:30 bath, story, eat, sleep. It took 45 minutes and Neal and had an hour and a half of peace and quiet before we went to sleep (uninterrupted by baby) until 6:00 am.

Then he got sick.

One night it took 3 hours - at least one of which was just screaming - to get him to sleep. Other nights (and nearly every nap) he just refuses to sleep. Bedtime has been pushed back to 9:00 to try to make sure he's really tired. But still. He just lays in his crib. Babbling or crying or coughing (that's the saddest).

I believe he's starting to feel better. But have we created bad habits I now have to break? Or will he revert to his simpler ways as soon as he's better?

This is my real point of telling you this: if you are the next person to get my baby sick, beware. Neal and I WILL exact revenge upon you in the worst possible way. I am not joking. Don't get my baby sick. At the very least, be prepared to move in and be responsible for getting the baby to sleep while I put in my earplugs, light some smelly candles and enjoy a nice, long bubble bath.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda I know how you feel. I have had those nights before! I am so sorry! It is so miserable!

Brett, Jenn and Alex said...

I'm sorry!! That happened to Alex a few weeks ago, he woke up every 2 hours for a few nights. Don't worry, he went back to his normal schedule though!

MommaM said...

Every time my kids get sick they go through a no sleeping/eating phase, but usually they go back to their normal routines after a little while. I'm sorry he's sick, and I hope he gets feeling better soon for you and for him.

Mjarrett85 said...

I am so sorry Amanda! A sick baby is the worst. Have things improved yet? He should get back o his schedule on his own when he feels better, usually Kaylee does. I really hope he gets feeling better. Hang in there.

The Malan Family said...

Can we hire you and Neal as our "hit people" too? We are on the same war path, except I am not sure I want that warm bath with Neal.