Tuesday, May 26, 2009

more spring awesomeness.

(Awesomeness IS a word. I said so.)

So, what do you get for spring bulk waste pick up day? I snagged a couple of kiddie cars from the neighbor's pile. (Luckily, I was invited to a luncheon a few months ago where I actually met and spoke to this neighbor, so it wasn't quite so awkward stealing her trash.)

About a week later I finally saw the neighbor outside and went over to thank her for the cars I took, and she was so thrilled that I wanted her trash she came over two days later to give me a couple packs of diapers, soccer cleats, and a double stroller.

That's right, I am now the proud owner of a double stroller. Now if only I had a use for such a thing...

(I was later informed by my Mother-in-Law, that taking other people's trash is just not something that is allowed in Sandy City. Oh, yes. Sandy IS that upper class.)

4 comments:

Liv said...

She needs to meet my brother. He practically makes a living reselling/trading trash. When I think of Sandy I don't often think high class, although there IS a Nordstrom Rack now, right?

Leonard Family said...

What a cutie, who seems to be having a bad hair day. Lou, I am proud to call you my sister. Who else could have the courage to stand out in such a neighborhood. You make do with what you have, and if others can help out why not. "One man's trash, is another man's treasure"

Luv ya!!!

Amanda said...

Liv - we DO have a Nordstrom Rack now. Is it worth my time?

Emily - He is ALWAYS having a bad hair day. Did you get a chance to see his awesome after-nap hair last time we visited? It's always fantastic. And sweaty. Poor kid with his sweaty head.

The Malan Family said...

I am jealous I want things like that for Jaxson but I will probably have to go out and buy them all. I would take them from someone too I wouldn't care where I lived. I can't believe she said that lol.