Friday, May 15, 2009

to Bryce


I'd like to give a special thanks to my nephew, Bryce. Who, without his mother's approval, help, or knowledge, called to wish me a happy birthday at 9:00 this morning.

me: Hello?
Bryce: Happy Birthday!
me: Thanks, Bryce. What are you doing?
Bryce: Oh, just getting a drink of cold water.
me: That sounds nice. Where's Hyrum?
Bryce: Oh, he's in the other room.
me: Where's your Mommy and Daddy?

No reply. At all. For quite some time.

This is where I start to get suspicious. Hyrum then came to say 'happy birthday'. After which, a long period of silence followed until Elisa picked up the phone and explained that she had no idea the boys had called me.

But honestly, I was very impressed with how well Bryce did with the phone call, and that he can recognize my name in the phone book! Do you think you could've operated a cell phone at 4 years old?

5 comments:

Emilie said...

On that note, happy birthday! Your birthday always marks the time I can start planting outdoor flowers (in Logan), so I love it. Thanks for being born in mid-May. :)

Are you doing anything fun?

MommaM said...

Lol. He is so funny. I'll tell him about Gaius's birthday so he can call you again next month. :)

The Malan Family said...

That is so cute! I bet that made your day. I hope you had a great birthday and Neal takes you somewhere fun! :)

Leonard Family said...

Oh, that cute Bryce. You never know what he will do next.

Happy Birthday sis!

The Tilley Turf said...

Hey Amanda, I found your bog on your facebook. Here's my blog if you want to check it out...Happy Birthday by the way!
-Becky Tilley
www.tilleyturf.blogspot.com
P.S. Your little boy is SO CUTE!