Friday, February 20, 2009

maybe if they didn't flash all those lights at him, the groundhog wouldn't see his shadow every year.

I'm missing spring today.

It was warm enough, though, that I packed up the baby, dug the stroller out of the corner, and went for a walk. But it just wasn't the same as a spring time walk. As much as I love trying to push a stroller over ice covered sidewalks that are more bumpy than cobblestone roads (and not nearly as charming), and enjoying the lovely winter mold that covers the grass . . . Flowers and any sort of green would be better.

Since I don't have a enormous belly this year, I hope to have pretty flowers in the yard. I almost pulled weeds today, until I realized that since everything is dead, and the flowers looked just like weeds, I would probably do more damage than good. Is it the thought that really counts?

1 comment:

Mjarrett85 said...

I know what you mean! Cute picture of your son's hair. I am jealous! Kaylee is still pretty much bald.