I just KNOW that you will check my blog while you're gone. You see, it's either one of two things: either you will miss me so much it aches, or you will be bored out of your mind with your new roommate. All I know is that I'm positive I'm a better roommate than whoever you're with now.
In the time you would've normally just been at work today, I've already cleaned the kitchen (3 times! Thank you, Gaius.), vacuumed the whole basement, and washed, folded, and ironed a week's worth of laundry. It really makes you wonder what I usually do all day, huh?
This evening we went upstairs to visit your folks, since I figured I'll be lonely soon and ought to visit with people while I've got them, only to discover they weren't here. So I let Gaius little-man around the organ loft for half an hour. He almost went down the stairs. Then he remembered that it is more exciting upstairs and gave up.
I found the most interesting book about manners, "What Do You Say, Dear?" copyright 1958 (and retailed for $0.45 in 1969). Surprisingly, it's not out of print! I think we should buy a copy so Gaius can learn important lessons such as:
You are a cowboy riding around the range.
Suddenly Bad-Nose Bill comes up behind
you with a gun. he says, "Would you like
me to shoot a hole in your head?"
What do you say, dear?
No, thank you.
I felt very educated after reading it. And speaking of things I learned today ... I learned that mac 'n cheese is SO much better made with butter than with margarine. Gaius agrees.
I think that's all I had to tell you. So now I will sit and wait for you to call so I know you are safe. Then I will tell you all of this on the phone.
Love, Wife
*Dear everyone else,
I'm home alone. It's lonely. I haven't been home alone in years. So forgive my blogging. I've got nothing better to do than fill up your Google Reader with my ramblings.
Thanks for reading.
2 comments:
You are one cute girl.
I'm for REAL going to Joey's open house tonight in NSL. Are you planning on being there?
I hope you can make it, it'd be good to see you and the wee little babe again!
I'm sorry you are all alone Amanda. I wish we weren't gone so you had a place to go during the day or we could come there. Don't go too nuts this week!! You could always go to my Mom's lol she is lonely without us home.
Post a Comment