Tuesday, June 23, 2009

it's a good night

Thanks, to my friend who gave me a reason to pull out my old pictures and look through them. Not only was reminiscing about my wedding awesome (especially because Neal wasn't here to make fun of me - is that awful??), but I found this picture of me and my grandpa. I think it's the last picture I have with him. It must've been taken around Christmas time in 2004 (judging by the hair. . . not my best hair cut, but what do you do?)

It was just really nice to see my grandpa today. I think about him a lot. I'm glad I took the time to go visit him when I was in town for Christmas that year. I'm excited for the time when I'll get to see him again and Neal and Gaius will be able to meet him too. (For a moment, I thought about naming my son after him, but couldn't bear to name my son Harry Hamilton. I just couldn't do that to him. I know what you're thinking - I still gave him a weird name that he'll have to pronounce and spell at least twice to every person he meets. But it's an awesome name.)

I used to think my grandpa was the prophet when I was little. I guess I figured that either he was the only old person in the world, or that if you were old, you were a prophet. Who knows?

I just wanted to share. And hey - this post isn't even about Gaius. :) (though he was mentioned - sorry.) I know I'm a lame blogger who only blogs about her kid. But he's the most interesting thing I have in my life. Or I have no appreciation for the simple things in life, and don't take time to notice the oddities outside my local Wal-Mart. It's hard to tell. So thanks for reading my blog (you know who you 9 readers are.)

3 comments:

Leonard Family said...

Hey, thanks for making me cry on my lunch break! I have another picture of you and grandpa from my wedding, I will have to send it to you.

MommaM said...

I miss Grandpa! I think of him often. I barely knew him and he touched my life SO deeply. What an amazing man. I need to find my recording of the Chiquita Banana song now.

Leonard Family said...

if you can't find it let me know and I will send it to you again. I think our family is the only one that has this besides grandma