Tuesday, March 3, 2009

regret

I don't make friends easily. At all.

So today, I'm feeling really sorry for myself because I just met a really nice girl and was too chicken to try and make a friend. She was ahead of me in line at Costco and had a little boy the same age as Gaius. I helped her unload the stuff from her cart, and she seemed genuinely nice. I thought to myself that I should ask her to have a play date, but that seemed a bit too forward, and so I said nothing apart from the normal "oh, isn't your baby cute" small talk.

After I left Costco, I immediately regretted my cowardice, and like a crazy person, began driving up and down the parking aisles hoping to find her. Like I would suddenly have thought of something less awkward to say . . . ? Right.

So, Dear Universe, I'm sorry I'm not brave. Maybe if you find me another nice person, I will find the courage to make a friend. In the meantime, though, I am going to go outside alone in this blustery day and pull some weeds.

1 comment:

Mjarrett85 said...

I have the exact same problem. I really don't remember you being shy, but then again that was like 15 years ago. Wow that just made is sound old! Anyway, here is to a fresh start at making friends:)