Tuesday, March 31, 2009

taxes

Did you know that I'm rich?

Apparently the government thinks so. We make so much money that we owe taxes. Even though we filled out the fancy W4 form just the right way, we didn't withhold enough for taxes in 2008.

We changed the form and now get $200 less per month.

I'm never moving out of this basement.

Because we earn too much money to afford a house.

4 comments:

The Malan Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Malan Family said...

I hate taxes. I am mailing off what we owe the state today. Aren't you supposed to get s tax break when you have a kid?? LOL

Emilie said...

Yep. We've owed taxes for a few years. We filled out the income tax form incorrectly this year and were told were owed, like, $1,800. We went over it again, and it turned out to only be $400. Lucky us. :\

Everyone keeps saying to have a kid or buy a house and then our taxes will be fine. But you HAVE a kid, so obviously that's not all correct.

Liv said...

Just emailed you back :) And then came here. JOYOUS thing, those taxes.

I did mine on Valentine's Day and my present was to send $400 to the state. Lame.

I feel your pain.